These dessert squares feature the flavors of pistachio, fresh peaches, and a hint of cinnamon.
Downloads:Frozen Peach-and-Cream Squares Recipe
1 cup pistachios
1 1/2 cups graham-cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups peeled and chopped fresh peaches
• Line an 8-x-8-x-2-inch pan with aluminum foil, allowing foil to
hang over by 2 inches on both ends.
• In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse pistachios until finely
• In a large bowl, combine the ground pistachios, graham-cracker
crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon, and stir to combine. Add the softened
butter, and mix well to combine.
• Press graham-cracker mixture into the bottom of the prepared
pan. Freeze crust for 1 hour.
• In a separate large bowl and using an electric mixer at high speed,
beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the sweetened
condensed milk and vanilla extract. Fold in the chopped peaches.
Spread the mixture over frozen crust. Freeze for at least 8 hours,
• Using the foil overhang, lift the frozen peach mixture from pan.
Using a sharp knife, carefully cut into 12 squares. Let squares sit at
room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.