1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
1 1/3 cups milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons clear almond extract
1/4 cup minced Sweet William flower petals (washed and patted dry)
1 recipe Italian-Meringue Buttercream Frosting
(see Download for recipe)
1 recipe Pink Sugar (see Download for recipe)
Candied Sweet Williams (see Download for recipe)
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line 24 muffin cups with foil liners. Set pans aside.
• In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, milk, oil, eggs, and
almond extract. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer for
30 seconds, scraping down sides with rubber spatula. Increase
mixer speed to medium, and beat for 2 minutes, scraping down
sides again if needed.
• Fold in minced flower petals. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling
about two-thirds full.
• Bake until golden, 17 to 20 minutes. Remove from pans, and
cool on wire racks.
• To decorate, cut off brown sides of each cupcake with a round cutter slightly smaller than cake,
exposing flower-filled cake. Top each with Italian-Meringue Buttercream Frosting, a sprinkle of pink sugar,
and a candied Sweet William.