Makes 12 cheesecakes
Preparation: 30 minutes
Bake:17 to 18 minutes
Refrigerate: 4 hours
¾ cup gingersnap crumbs
¼ cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
¼ cup eggnog
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 recipe Vanilla Whipped Cream (see download)
Garnish: additional ground nutmeg
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs, 2 teaspoons sugar, and melted butter, stirring well. Divide evenly among wells of a 12-well mini cheesecake pan*.
• Bake until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
• In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese at high speed with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Add remaining ¼ cup sugar, egg, flour, eggnog, cinnamon, and nutmeg, beating just until incorporated. Divide mixture evenly among wells of prepared pan.
• Bake until cheesecakes are set and slightly puffed, 11 to 12 minutes.
• Let cool completely on a wire rack. Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
• When ready to serve, remove cheesecakes from pan.
• Place Vanilla Whipped Cream in a piping bag fitted with a large open-star tip. Pipe whipped cream onto cheesecakes in a decorative swirl.
• Garnish with nutmeg, if desired.
*We used the Chicago Metallic 12-well Mini Cheesecake Pan. Wells
are 2 inches in diameter and 1½ inches deep and have removable bottoms.