• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add crystallized ginger and lemon zest, tossing to combine. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine cream and lemon extract, stirring well. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dough comes together. (If mixture seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms.)
• Using a ¼-cup springloaded scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet.
• Bake until edges are golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.
*For testing purposes, we used White Lily self-rising flour.