Citrus Aioli gives these Salmon Croquettes a kick.
Downloads:Mini Salmon Croquette Canapés
1 (14¾-ounce) can pink salmon, drained and bones and skin removed
1 1/3 cups panko bread crumbs, divided
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried dill
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup vegetable oil
20 leaves spring mix lettuce
20 French bread crostini
1 recipe Citrus Aïoli
Garnish: fresh dill
• In a medium bowl, combine salmon, 1/3 cup panko, eggs, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper. Stir (or mix with hands) until all ingredients are well incorporated.
• Using a cookie scoop, divide mixture into 20 equal portions. Shape into croquettes. Toss croquettes in remaining 1 cup panko crumbs. Shape croquettes to a 1½-inch diameter, and flatten slightly.*
• Heat oil in large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat.Add croquettes to pan, and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side (longer if croquettes have been refrigerated). Drain on paper towels.
• Place a lettuce leaf on each crostini, and top with a croquette. Top with a dollop of Citrus Aïoli.
• Garnish with fresh dill, if desired.
*Croquettes may be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated until ready to cook.