Orange Marmalade Thumbprint Cookies
These tasty cookies are a little bite of citrus heaven in your mouth.
Downloads:Orange Marmalade Thumbprint Cookies
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh orange zest
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup orange marmalade*
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to blend. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add egg yolks, zest, juice, and vanilla, beating to combine. Add flour mixture in 2 portions, beating until moist clumps form. Gather dough into a ball.
• Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
• Using a floured index finger or a ½-teaspoon measuring spoon, make a depression in the center of each ball. Divide marmalade among depressions (½ teaspoon each).
• Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
• Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
*For testing purposes, we used assorted citrus marmalades and jams from Sunchowder’s Emporia (sunchowdersemporia.com).