Mozzarella and tomato make this canapé both filling and refreshing.
Downloads:Roasted Tomato and Bulgur Canapés
1 cup bulgur, cooked according to package directions
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
2 pints gourmet tomato medley (cherry tomato assortment)
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
18 bocconcini cheese (mozzarella balls), cut in half
2 cups baby arugula
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine bulgur, parsley, and egg white.
• Position a 2-inch round cutter on prepared baking sheets. Fill cutter with 2 heaping tablespoons bulgur mixture, pressing evenly into bottom. Repeat with cutter and remaining bulgur mixture, evenly spacing on baking sheets.
• Bake until edges are crisp and golden, 14 to 18 minutes. Set aside.
• Preheat oven to broil.
• Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, thyme, olive oil, and salt. Transfer tomato mixture to prepared baking sheet, and arrange in a single layer.
• Broil tomatoes until charred, 6 to 10 minutes. Set aside
• Place 2 bocconcini halves on each prepared bulgur round.
• Broil until cheese is browned and bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes.
• Top with tomatoes and a few arugula leaves. Serve warm.