This spicy and sweet duo will delight your friends and family.
Downloads:Chipotle Pork and Sweet Potato Canapés
1 (½-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
1 (4-ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
½ tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1 long, large sweet potato, very thinly sliced (slightly thinner than 1/8 inch)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1½ teaspoons coarse salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 recipe Kale Pesto
• In a medium bowl, combine pork tenderloin, chipotle peppers, and garlic. Cover, and refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
• In a medium bowl, soak sweet potato slices in water for 20 minutes. Drain, and place on paper towels to dry.
• Preheat oven to 425°.
• Let tenderloin stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
• Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• Gently toss sweet potato slices with olive oil. Place in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Bake for 10 minutes, turn slices over, and bake until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
• Place tenderloin on remaining prepared baking sheet.
• Bake until internal temperature reaches 150° on an instantread thermometer, 18 to 24 minutes. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Arrange sweet potato slices on a serving platter. Set aside.
• Slice pork into ⅛-inch-thick slices. Top each sweet potato slice with a pork slice. Drizzle with Kale Pesto. Serve immediately.