This smooth and unique pudding taste even better in Pecan Cups.
Downloads:Chocolate-Avocado Pudding in Pecan Cups
1½ cups pecans
¼ cup orange blossom honey
3⁄8 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
3 ripe avocados, seeded and peeled
½ ripe banana, peeled
5 tablespoons unsweetened dark chocolate natural cocoa powder
5 tablespoons blue agave nectar
2 tablespoons almond milk
¼ teaspoon fresh orange zest
½ tablespoon fresh orange juice
Garnish: candied orange zest*
• In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse pecans until coarsely chopped. Add honey and ¼ teaspoon salt, and pulse until mixture is well combined and finely chopped.
• Divide mixture among wells of 2 (12-well) mini tart pans. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of wells. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
• In the work bowl of a food processor, combine avocados and banana. Blend until mixture is smooth, approximately 1½ minutes. Add cocoa, agave nectar, almond milk, orange zest, orange juice, and remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt. Blend until mixture is uniform and smooth.
• Remove pecan cups from pans, and keep cold.
• Just before serving, spoon a dollop of pudding into each cup.
• Garnish with candied orange zest, if desired.
*To learn how to make candied orange zest, go to teatimemagazine.com/extras.