Decadent tarts are both filling and delightful.
Downloads:Mushroom and Three-Cheese Tarts
1 (10-ounce) package goat cheese, softened
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1½ cups heavy whipping cream
3 large eggs
2 cups grated Swiss cheese
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 recipe Pecan Crusts (see Download)
1½ tablespoons olive oil
1½ tablespoons butter
4 cups assorted wild mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
• Preheat oven to 325°.
• In a large bowl, combine goat cheese and cream cheese. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add cream, beating to combine. Add eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition. Add Swiss cheese, flour, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Divide batter evenly among Pecan Crusts.
• Bake until set, approximately 20 minutes. Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
• Remove tarts from pan.
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Warm tarts in oven for 5 to 8 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms. Season with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook for 5 minutes without stirring. Stir mushrooms to sear all sides. Remove from pan, and drain on paper towels.
• Top warm tarts with hot mushrooms. Serve immediately.