Tea-Infused Crème Anglaise with Fresh Fruit
Topped with fresh fruit, this beautiful dessert is a lovely sweet year round.
Downloads:Tea-Infused Creme Anglaise with Fresh Fruit
1½ cups half-and-half
½ cup sugar
2 tea bags coconut-flavored green tea blend*
½ vanilla bean, split in half, seeds reserved
6 large egg yolks
2 1/3 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
2 1/3 cups fresh raspberries
2 1/3 cups fresh Rainier cherries, pitted and cut in half
2 1/3 cups fresh Bing cherries, pitted and cut in half
Garnish: fresh mint
• In a medium saucepan, combine half-and-half, sugar, tea bags, and reserved vanilla seeds. Cook over medium heat just until mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Steep for 5 minutes before removing tea bags.
• In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks until smooth. Using a ladle, pour 1 cup hot cream mixture in a slow steady stream into yolks, whisking constantly. Repeat with another 1 cup hot cream mixture. Whisk to combine.
• Transfer mixture back to saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon or until temperature reaches 180˚ on an instant-read thermometer.
• Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a stainless steel bowl set over an ice-water bath. Cool completely, stirring often. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
• To serve, divide crème and fruit among individual bowls.
• Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
*For testing purposes, we used Harney & Sons Organic Bangkok green tea blend (harney.com).