Fresh rosemary and pink grapefruit imbue this delicious chocolate cookie with a refreshingly creative mix of flavors.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
2 (1-ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate, melted
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 recipe Pink Grapefruit Glaze
Garnish: fresh rosemary
• In a mixing bowl, combine butter and confectioners’ sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add melted chocolate and vanilla extract, stirring to combine. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add rosemary. Gradually add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, beating to combine.
• Shape dough into a disk, and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a ¼-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch fluted round cutter, cut out as many cookies as possible from dough, rerolling scraps only twice. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets.
• Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
• Frost cookies with Pink Grapefruit Glaze. Add a piece of rosemary while glaze is still wet. Let glaze set for 1 hour before serving or packaging.