You can't go wrong with chocolate and hazelnut.
Downloads:Triple Chocolate–Hazelnut Cake
1 (3.4-ounce) package white chocolate–flavored instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
4 cups chocolate-hazelnut spread*
½ cup finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
1 recipe Quick Sponge Cake
, frozen (see Download)
Garnish: chocolate curls†
• In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix, milk, cream, sour cream, and confectioners’ sugar. Beat at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until thick, approximately 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate.
• In another medium bowl, combine chocolate-hazelnut spread and hazelnuts, stirring with a wooden spoon. Set aside.
• Cut frozen Quick Sponge Cake in half vertically.
• Using an offset spatula, spread half of hazelnut mixture onto half of cake. Spread half of pudding mixture over hazelnut layer. Stack remaining cake half on top of pudding layer, and repeat layers.
• Freeze for at least 2 hours.
• Pressing straight down with a long, sharp knife, trim sides of frozen cake to make an even rectangle. Cut cake into 2½-inch squares. Store, covered, in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
• Garnish individual servings with chocolate curls, if desired.
*For testing purposes, we used Nutella.
†To make chocolate curls, slightly warm a square of semisweet baking chocolate in a microwave oven for a few seconds on 50 percent power. Draw a Y-shaped vegetable peeler across chocolate. Store curls at room temperature until needed.