• Preheat oven to 375°.
• Spray a (17¼-x-11¼-inch) baking pan with nonstick baking spray. Line with parchment paper, and spray again. Set aside.
• Cover a wire rack with a sheet of parchment paper. Spray parchment with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, beat eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar at high speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
• Sift flour over egg mixture, gently whisking to combine. Spread batter into prepared pan, smoothing top evenly with an offset spatula.
• Bake until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean, approximately 8 minutes.
• Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto prepared wire rack. Cool completely.
• Freeze for at least 2 hours before using.
Pictured with Triple Chocolate–Hazelnut Cake