We love fresh lobster in this summertime treat.
Downloads:Lobster Salad Barquettes
3 (5-ounce) lobster tails
1 cup water
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise*
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced celery
1 tablespoon minced red onion
1/8 teaspoon salt
½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (1 sheet)
Garnish: lemon peel curls
• Insert a skewer lengthwise along top of each lobster tail to prevent curling during steaming. Set aside.
• In a medium saucepan with steamer basket, bring water and salt to a boil. Place prepared lobsters in steamer basket, and steam, covered, until shells turn pink and meat is opaque white, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from steamer.
• When lobster tails are cool enough to handle, cut along back of shell with kitchen scissors, pull open, and remove lobster meat. Chop meat into ½-inch pieces.
• In a small bowl, combine 1 cup lobster, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, onion, and salt, tossing until mixed.
• Place in a covered container, and refrigerate until cold, 3 to 4 hours.
• Preheat oven to 450°.
• Unroll pie dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a 4½-x-1½- inch barquette tart pan, cut 6 shapes from dough. Press dough firmly into tart pans, trimming as necessary. Prick bottoms of tarts with a fork to prevent puffing during baking.
• Place prepared tart pans on a rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• Bake until golden brown, 7 to 9 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Carefully remove tart shells from pans.
• When ready to serve, divide lobster salad among tart shells.
• Garnish with lemon peel curls, if desired.
*For testing purposes, we used Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise.