These lovely tarts are colorful and delicious.
1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (2 sheets)
½ cup mayonnaise, such as Hellman’s
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, divided
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 cup red grape tomatoes
1 cup yellow grape tomatoes
Garnish: fresh basil
• Preheat oven to 450°
• On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie dough. Using a 4½-x-2½-inch tart pan as a guide, cut 8 rectangles from pie dough. Press dough rectangles into 8 tart pans, trimming excess. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• Place tart pans on a rimmed baking sheet. Prick dough with a fork to prevent puffing during baking.
• Bake for 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
• Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
• In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ½ cup cheese, pepper, and basil, stirring to blend. Divide mayonnaise mixture evenly among prepared tart shells, spreading evenly.
• Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. Divide tomato halves evenly among prepared tart shells, and arrange vertically in a shingled fashion. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons cheese over tomatoes.
• Bake tarts until tomatoes have softened and are tender, approximately 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove from tart pans, and serve warm or at room temperature.
• Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.