Indulge in the simple pleasure of afternoon tea with our tempting gluten-free scone filled with fresh chives and creamy goat cheese.
Downloads:Gluten-Free Chive and Goat Cheese Scones
2¾ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour*
1 tablespoon sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup crumbled goat cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh chives
1¼ cup cold heavy cream
2 large eggs, divided
• Preheat oven to 425°.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, whisking to combine. Add goat cheese and chives, stirring to combine. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine cream and 1 egg, whisking until egg is beaten and incorporated into cream. Add cream mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. (If mixture seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms.)
• On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 3 times. Roll dough out to a ½-inch thickness.
• Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut 24 scones from dough, rerolling scraps as needed. Place scones on prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
• In another small bowl, beat remaining egg. Brush tops of scones with beaten egg.
• Bake until light golden brown, 10 to 11 minutes.
*For testing purposes, we used Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend gluten-free all-purpose flour (namastefoods.com). Using another brand may yield different results. Sift or whisk flour before measuring.