2 cups sifted gluten-free all-purpose flour*
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cold salted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup diced peeled fresh peaches
1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Garnish: vanilla sugar†
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add peaches, stirring well. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine cream and vanilla extract, whisking well. Add to flour mixture, stirring until a soft dough forms.
(If mixture seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until uniformly moist.)
• Using a levered 3-tablespoon scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
• Garnish with a sprinkle of vanilla sugar, if desired.
• Bake until edges are light golden brown and a wooden pick in-serted near centers comes out clean, approximately 15 minutes.
*We used Gluten Free Pantry all-purpose flour (glutino.com). Using another brand may yield different results.
†We used Penzeys Vanilla Sugar.