Fresh and crisp, Watermelon and Feta Salad is the perfect addition to a summer afternoon.
Downloads:Watermelon and Feta Salad
1 (4½-pound) watermelon
1 (8-ounce) block feta cheese
1 teaspoon ground pink peppercorns
1 recipe White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Garnish: fresh basil and fresh blueberries
• Cut watermelon into 12 (½-inch) slices. Using a 3-inch flower-shaped cutter, cut a flower shape from each watermelon slice.
• Cut feta into 6 (¼-inch) slices. Using a 3-inch flower-shaped cutter, cut a flower shape from each feta slice.
• Press ground peppercorns decoratively into sides of each feta flower.
• Assemble each salad by stacking a watermelon flower, a feta flower, and then a watermelon flower on top of each other. Cover, and refrigerate until needed.
• To serve, drizzle each salad with desired amount of White Balsamic Vinaigrette.
• Garnish with basil and a blueberry, if desired.