3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour*
4½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup cold butter
1 cup chopped dried figs
½ cup blue cheese crumbles
1¾ cups cold heavy whipping cream
1 large egg
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
• Preheat oven to 400°.
• Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, whisking to combine. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture is crumbly. Add figs and blue cheese, stirring to combine. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine cream and egg, whisking well. Add to flour mixture, stirring until a dough forms. (If mixture seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until uniformly moist.)
• Using a levered 3-tablespoon scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle tops of scones with turbinado sugar.
• Bake until light golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes.
• Serve warm.
*For testing purposes, we used Gluten Free Pantry all-purpose flour (glutino.com). Using another brand may yield different results. Sift or whisk flour before measuring.