• Preheat oven to 400°.
• Place spinach in a colander, and rinse with water. Shake off excess water.
• Heat a medium nonstick sauté pan over high heat. Add spinach to pan, and cook just until wilted, approximately 1 minute, tossing constantly. Remove spinach to a small bowl, and let cool. Press out liquid, and finely chop.
• In a medium bowl, combine, spinach, Parmesan cheese, fontina cheese, artichokes, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes, stirring until combined.
• Divide spinach mixture evenly among French bread slices. Place breadslices on a rimmed baking sheet.
• Bake until mixture is hot and edges of bread slices are golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
• Garnish with orange bell pepper strips, if desired.
• Serve immediately.
MAKE-AHEAD TIP: Spinach mixture may be made a day in advance. Refrigerate in an airtight container until needed.