12 slices oatmeal bread*
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
1 (4.25-ounce) can deviled ham†
1 tablespoon finely minced crystallized ginger
• Using a 2-inch square cutter, cut 2 squares from each bread slice, totaling 24 squares. Discard scraps.
• Using a 1½-inch square cutter, cut diamond shapes in 12 bread squares. Discard diamond centers.
• In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, maple syrup, and mustard, whisking until smooth.
• Spread ½ teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on top side of each whole bread square. Spread 1 to 2 teaspoons deviled ham over mayonnaise mixture on each bread square. Top each with a cutout bread square.
• Sprinkle crystallized ginger evenly over deviled ham.
*For testing purposes, we used Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse
†For testing purposes, we used Underwood Deviled Ham Spread.