1½ cups sugar
½ cup butter
½ cup whole milk
½ cup almond butter
3 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oats
½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
½ cup shredded, sweetened coconut
½ cup dried cranberries
Garnish: chopped almonds and dried cranberries
• Line 2 baking sheets with waxed paper. Set aside.
• In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and milk. Cook over medium-high heat until butter melts and is combined, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
• Add almond butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract, stirring until combined. Add oats, almonds, coconut, and cranberries, stirring to combine.
• Using a levered 1-tablespoon scoop, drop mixture onto prepared baking sheets.
• While cookies are still soft, garnish with chopped almonds and additional cranberries, if desired, pressing slightly to adhere.
• Let cookies sit until firm.
• Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.