Creamy, dill-laced Havarti cheese gives these paninis a complex flavor that elevates the other simple ingredients featured in this scrumptious sandwich.
Downloads:Mini Dill Havarti and Turkey Paninis
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
16 slices sourdough French sandwich bread
16 slices deli roast turkey
16 slices deli dill Havarti cheese
2 tablespoons butter, softened
16 slices cherry tomatoes
16 sprigs fresh dill
• In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, and pepper, whisking well. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
• Using a 2¼-inch square cutter, cut 32 squares from bread slices.
• Spread 1 side of each bread square with ½ teaspoon mayonnaise mixture.
• Trim turkey and cheese slices to fit bread squares, and place between 2 bread slices, mayonnaise sides to the inside. Spread outside of each bread slice with butter.
• Heat a nonstick griddle over medium-high heat.
• Grill each sandwich, pressing down lightly with a spatula to flatten slightly. Cook until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes per side.
• Top each sandwich with a cherry-tomato slice and a sprig of dill.
• Serve immediately.