These simple and scrumptious parfaits will satisfy a sweet tooth with a helping of healthy ingredients.
Downloads:Cherry-Almond Granola-Yogurt Parfaits
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 1/2 tablespoons wheat germ (optional)*
2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
5 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup dried cherries
2 cups plain Greek yogurt
• Preheat oven to 300°.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine oats, almonds, and wheat germ (if using). Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, oil, and salt, stirring well. Add to oat mixture, stirring until uniformly wet. Spread in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet.
• Bake until granola is light brown and crispy, approximately 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
• Let cool, and then add dried cherries. Store in an airtight container.
• Spoon ¼ cup yogurt into individual bowls. Drizzle remaining 3 tablespoons maple syrup evenly over yogurt. Divide granola evenly among bowls.
• Serve immediately.
*Wheat germ adds extra crunch and nutrition. However, the recipe will work just as well without it if you don’t have any on hand.