With a light, flaky crust and a generous helping of ham, these quiches are the perfect addition to any brunch-themed tea.
Downloads:Ham and Chive Quiche
1 (14-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (2 sheets)
1 cup diced smoked ham (1/4-inch cubes)
1 cup coarsely shredded fontina cheese
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Unroll pie dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut 8 circles from dough. Press each circle into a 4-inch tart pan, trimming excess dough as necessary. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
• In a small nonstick sauté pan, sear ham over medium-high heat until very lightly browned.
• Place 1 tablespoon ham and 2 tablespoons cheese in each prepared tart pan.
• In a medium bowl, combine cream, eggs, salt, and pepper, whisking well.
• Divide egg mixture evenly among tart pans. Sprinkle each quiche with ¼ teaspoon chives. Place tart pans on a rimmed baking sheet.
• Bake until quiches are set and slightly puffed, 15 to 18 minutes.
• Serve immediately.