A sweet balance of ginger and lemon, these Ginger Pancakes, accented with our tart lemon sauce, are sure to delight any teatime guest.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups pancake and baking mix*
2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 recipe Lemon Sauce
(see Download for recipe)
Garnish: confectioners’ sugar and lemon curl
• Line a 13-x-9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and cream, stirring until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine milk, eggs, and lemon juice, whisking well. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine pancake mix, ginger, and baking powder, whisking well. Add egg mixture, stirring until incorporated. (Some lumps will remain). If batter seems too thick, add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
• Heat a nonstick griddle over medium-high heat.
• Pour batter in ¼-cup portions onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side, adjusting heat as necessary.
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Divide cream cheese mixture evenly among pancakes. Spread evenly. Roll each pancake into a cylinder. Place seam side down on prepared baking dish. Cover pancakes with damp paper towels. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.
• Bake until heated through, 7 to 10 minutes.
• Garnish with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar and a lemon curl, if desired.
• Serve immediately with warm Lemon Sauce.
*For testing purposes, we used Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix.