1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (2 sheets)
1 large egg
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Garnish: sugared fresh thyme*
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Unroll pie dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a (3½-x-2-inch) tart pan as a guide, cut 12 diamond shapes from dough. Press a dough diamond into each tart pan, pressing lightly and trimming edges as necessary. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
• In a medium bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, corn syrup, maple syrup, melted butter, vanilla extract, and salt, whisking well. Add walnuts, stirring well. Set aside.
• Place tart pans on a rimmed baking sheet.
• Divide filling mixture evenly among tart shells.
• Bake until filling is set and slightly puffed, 13 to 14 minutes. (Tarts will fall as they cool.)
• Garnish with sugared thyme, if desired.
• Serve warm or at room temperature.
*To sugar fresh thyme, spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray, then sprinkle lightly with caster (extra-fine) sugar, tapping off excess.