It's impossible to eat just one of these delightful quiche bites, bursting with flavorful bell pepper and broccoli florets.
Downloads:Broccoli Quiche Squares
½ teaspoon olive oil
¼ cup finely chopped orange bell pepper
2 cups coarsely grated Gruyère cheese, divided
2 cups cooked fresh broccoli florets, finely chopped
5 large eggs
2 cups heavy whipping cream
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
24 square wheat crackers*
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Spray a shallow 13-x-9-inch rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
• In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
• Sprinkle 1 cup cheese into prepared baking pan. Scatter broccoli and bell pepper over cheese. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over vegetables. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine eggs, cream, salt, and black pepper, whisking well. Pour over cheese and vegetables in baking pan.
• Bake until quiche is set and slightly puffed, approximately 30 minutes. Let cool completely.†
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
• Using a 1½-inch square cutter, cut 24 squares from quiche. Place each quiche square on a cracker. Place squares on prepared baking sheet.
• Heat in oven until warm, approximately 5 minutes.
• Serve immediately.
*We used Wheat Thins BIG crackers.
†At this point, quiche may be covered and refrigerated for up to a day. Quiche will be much easier to cut if cold.