This delectable blend of shrimp and spices atop a crisp crostini is the perfect savory dish for your next teatime.
Downloads:Shrimp Salad Crostini
4 cups water
¼ cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon Creole seasoning*
1 pound small/medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
24 (¼-inch-thick) French bread slices
2 tablespoons butter, softened
½ cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1½ teaspoons hot pepper sauce
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
Garnish: fresh parsley
• In a medium saucepan, combine water, rice vinegar, and Creole seasoning. Bring to a boil over high heat.
• Remove from heat, and add shrimp. Cover, and let poach for 10 minutes.
• Remove shrimp to a bowl filled with ice. Cover shrimp with ice, and let cool.
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Spread 1 side of bread slices with butter. Place slices, butter sides up, on a rimmed baking sheet.
• Bake until crisp and light golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Let cool completely. Store crostini in an airtight container for up to a day.
• In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, hot sauce, salt, and pepper, whisking until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
• Finely chop cooled shrimp, and place in a medium bowl. Add celery and parsley, tossing to combine. Add mayonnaise mixture, stirring until incorporated.
• Cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
• Thirty minutes before serving, divide shrimp salad among crostini.
• Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
*We used Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning.