This Strawberry Curd is the perfect sweet complement to our Lemon-Thyme Scones.
1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
¼ cup butter, cut into pieces
• In the work bowl of a food processor or in the container of a blender, puree strawberries until smooth.
• Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Reserve 1 cup strawberry puree.
• In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add strawberry puree, lemon juice, and egg yolks.
• Cook over medium heat until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from heat, and gradually add butter, whisking until melted.
• Let mixture cool slightly. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.