Add a little crunch to your dessert tray with these beautiful brandy snaps. Filled with Lady Grey Cream and garnished with fresh violets, this treat is sure to please!
Downloads:Brandy Snaps with Lady Grey Cream
6 pointed waffle ice-cream cones
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
¼ cup salted butter
¼ cup castor sugar
2 tablespoons corn syrup
½ teaspoon brandy
1 recipe Lady Grey Cream
(see Download for recipe)
Garnish: fresh violets
• Preheat oven to 325°.
• Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Set aside.
• Wrap ice-cream cones in aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine flour and allspice, whisking well. Set aside.
• In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and corn syrup, whisking over medium-low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add flour mixture and brandy to butter mixture, stirring until incorporated.
• Using a levered 1-teaspoon scoop and working in batches, drop 6 scoops of batter 4 inches apart onto each prepared baking sheet. (For final batch, use a cooled prepared baking sheet.)
• Bake until cookies have spread, are lacelike, and are golden brown around edges, 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet until firm enough to lift with a thin-edged spatula, approximately 1 minute.
• Using a spatula and working quickly, lift each cookie from baking sheet, and wrap around pointed end of a prepared ice-cream cone. Wrap each cookie around cone, overlapping 2 edges to form a cone shape. Let cool completely before removing from cone. (With each batch, spray prepared ice-cream cones lightly with nonstick cooking spray.)
• Place Lady Grey Cream in a piping bag fitted with a medium (Wilton #21) open-star tip, and pipe into cookie cones.
• Garnish with fresh violets, if desired.
• Serve immediately.