These moist mini muffins are a delectable blend of ginger, shredded carrots, and cinnamon.
Downloads:Ginger-Carrot Mini Muffins
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
½ cup salted butter, melted
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups lightly packed finely shredded carrots
1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Spray a 24-well mini muffin pan* with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, ground ginger, salt, and cinnamon, whisking well. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine eggs, melted butter, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla extract, stirring well. Add carrots, stirring until incorporated.
• Add carrot mixture to flour mixture, stirring lightly just until ingredients are incorporated. (Don’t overmix, as this will make muffins tough.)
• Drop 1½ tablespoons batter into each well of prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle tops of batter with minced crystallized ginger.
• Bake until light golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, 12 to 13 minutes.
• Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
*We used a Calphalon 24-well mini muffin pan. Wells are 2 inches wide and 1 inch deep and have a 3-tablespoon capacity, which is a bit more than that of other brands. Using another brand or size may yield different results.