Light, flaky phyllo cups filled with delicious egg salad and topped with fried capers are the perfect savory dish to serve at an elegant Easter tea.
Downloads:Egg Salad Phyllo Cups
3 hard-boiled eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons capers
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
15 mini phyllo cups
Garnish: hot paprika and fried capers*
• Reserve 1 egg yolk from hard-boiled eggs. Cover and
• In a small bowl, using a pastry blender, finely chop boiled eggs. Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, capers, salt, and pepper, stirring until combined.
• Refrigerate in a covered container until cold, approximately 4 hours.
• Approximately 15 minutes before serving, divide egg salad evenly among phyllo cups.
• Press reserved egg yolk through a fine-mesh sieve. Divide among phyllo cups.
• Garnish with hot paprika and a fried caper, if desired.
*To fry capers, add 1 inch canola oil to a saucepan. Heat over medium heat to 350°. Rinse capers in water, and pat dry. Fry capers in hot oil until they open like flowers. Remove, using a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.