Frico cups are simple to make and present beautifully, perfectly suited for our Spring Salad with Herbed Champagne Vinaigrette.
Downloads:Spring Salad in Frico Cups
1 (6-ounce) bag preshredded Parmesan cheese
2 cups spring mix lettuce
¼ cup radish slices
¼ cup matchstick carrots
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
¼ cup fresh green peas
1 recipe Herbed Champagne Vinaigrette
(see Download for recipe)
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
• Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in ¼-cup portions into 4-inch circles onto prepared baking sheet.
• Bake until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown, approximately 8 minutes.
• Using a metal spatula, quickly remove cheese rounds from baking sheet, and drape over an overturned custard cup, pressing into a bowl shape. Let cool completely.
• Remove frico cups from backs of custard cups, and store in an airtight container until ready to serve. (Best made on day of use.)
• Divide lettuce, radish slices, carrots, green onions, and green peas evenly among frico cups. Drizzle with Herbed Champagne Vinaigrette.
• Serve immediately.