For a sweet bite with a variety of flavors, we suggest these rich Macadamia, Coconut, and Chocolate Tarts.
Downloads:Macadamia, Coconut, and Chocolate Tarts
1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (1 sheet)
1 large egg
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped toasted macadamia nuts
1/4 cup chopped toasted coconut
1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate morsels
Garnish: toasted coconut
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Using a 4-x-2½-inch diamond- shaped tart pan as a guide, cut 8 shapes from pie dough. Press dough into tart pans, and place tart pans on a rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• In a small bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, corn syrup, and salt, stirring well. Add macadamia nuts, coconut, and chocolate morsels.
• Divide mixture evenly among prepared tart pans.
• Bake until mixture is set and golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes. (Mixture will puff slightly but will fall as it cools.)
• Store at room temperature until ready to serve. (Best made day of use.)