Try serving this decadent White Chocolate Bread Pudding at a tea honoring Mother's Day this year. We're sure she'll love it!
Downloads:White Chocolate Bread Pudding
1 loaf challah bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (approximately 12 cups)
2 (4-ounce) bars white chocolate*, finely chopped
1 cup sugar
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
5 large eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
1 recipe Dark Chocolate Sauce (see Download for recipe)
Garnish: white chocolate curls
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Grease a 13-x-9-inch baking dish. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and white chocolate, stirring until evenly distributed. Set aside.
• In another bowl, combine sugar, milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Pour over bread mixture, and stir until bread cubes are moistened. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Let sit for 15 minutes.
• Bake until set and light golden brown, 30 to 45 minutes. Let cool slightly.
• Using a 2½-inch round cutter, cut 8 puddings.† Drizzle each portion with Dark Chocolate Sauce.
• Garnish with white chocolate curls, if desired.
*For testing purposes, we used Ghirardelli White Chocolate Premium Baking Bars.
†Can be made a day ahead and stored, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator. Puddings can be cut into individual portions, placed on a baking sheet, and warmed in a 350° oven for approximately 10 minutes.