Our Strawberry French Madeleines are dainty and delicate and the perfect sweet addition to your Mother's Day tea.
Downloads:Strawberry French Madeleines
4 large eggs
¾ cup sugar
2 teaspoons strawberry extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄8 teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, melted and cooled
Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Spray wells of 4 (12-well) madeleine pans with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, and strawberry extract. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, 5 minutes. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add half of flour mixture to egg mixture. Beat at medium speed until incorporated. Add remaining flour mixture. Gradually add melted butter, beating until well blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
• Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each prepared well of madeleine pans.
• Bake until light golden, 5 minutes. Remove madeleines from molds, and let cool completely on wire racks.
• Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.