The addition of dark chocolate and sweet cherry extract makes these homemade fortune cookies unique.
Downloads:Chocolate-Dipped Cherry Fortune Cookies Recipe
1 large egg white
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cherry extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons water
1 (3.5-ounce) package dark chocolate
• Write fortunes on 3-x-½-inch pieces of paper, and set aside.
• Preheat oven to 300°.
• Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat, and set aside.
• In a medium bowl, beat together the egg white, vegetable oil,
vanilla extract, and cherry extract until frothy.
• In a separate medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cornstarch,
and salt. Stir the water into the flour mixture, then stir
the moistened flour mixture into the egg white mixture. Stir
until the batter is smooth.
• Spoon 3 tablespoons batter onto the prepared baking sheet, 3
inches apart. Gently tilt the baking sheet back and forth and
from side to side so that each tablespoon of batter forms an
approximately 4-inch circle.
• Bake until the edges of each cookie turn light brown, 12 to 15
• Remove from the oven. Working quickly, remove the cookie
with a spatula, and flip it over in your hand. Place the fortune
in the middle of each cookie. Fold the cookie in half, and gently
pull the edges downward over the rim of a glass. To help cookies
maintain their shape, place them in the well of a muffin tin.
Repeat process with remaining batter.
• Once the cookies have cooled, melt chocolate in a double boiler
or in the microwave in 30-second intervals. Dip the rounded
side in the melted chocolate, and place on a wire rack to