Fresh blueberries are the feature of this tasty tea bread.
Downloads:Blueberry Tea Bread Recipe
1 cup powdered sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon coarse salt
¼ cup whole milk
½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup fresh blueberries
• Preheat oven to 350°.
• Spray 3 (5¾-x-3¼-inch) mini loaf pans with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 4 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring well. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine milk and lemon juice. Let stand for 10 minutes.
• Add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Gently fold blueberries into batter. Divide batter evenly among prepared pans, tapping lightly against the counter to release any air bubbles.
• Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 28 minutes.
• Let cool in pans for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
• Cut loaves into ¼-inch-thin slices.
• If desired, just before serving, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toast each slice in skillet until lightly browned, approximately 1 minute per side.
• Serve warm with Lemon Cream Spread. (See download.)