Caraway seeds and fresh dill are combined in savory scones that guests are sure to enjoy.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup unsalted butter, well chilled and diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
2 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds, divided
1 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons olive oil
• Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles
coarse meal. Stir in fresh dill, 2 teaspoons caraway seeds,
and dried dill. Gradually add cream, stirring until mixture just
• On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness.
Using a 1 1/2-x-3/4-inch leaf-shaped cutter, cut as many scones as
possible. Repeat, rerolling scraps once.
• Place scones on prepared baking sheet. Using a pastry brush,
lightly brush tops of scones with olive oil. Sprinkle remaining 1/2
teaspoon caraway seeds over tops of scones.
• Bake until light golden brown, approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
Cool for 5 minutes before serving.