Fresh rosemary adds a taste of fall to these Parmesan-Rosemary Scones.
Yield: 1 dozen scones • Preparation: 10 minutes • Bake: 16 minutes
Write a review
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ cup chilled unsalted butter, diced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pear preserves
- Garnish: rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add Parmesan cheese and chopped rosemary, stirring to combine. Gradually add cream, stirring until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to ½-inch-thick circle. Cut into wedges. Place wedges on prepared baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat tops of scones with olive oil, and sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Garnish tops of scones with sprigs of rosemary, if desired.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 16 minutes. Serve warm with pear preserves, if desired.
TeaTime Magazine http://www.teatimemagazine.com/