Thumbprint cookies are a fun dessert to make if you have young children helping you in the kitchen.
Strawberry-Orange Thumbprint Cookies
Yield: 44 cookies • Preparation: 25 minutes • Bake: 13 to 15 minutes
Write a review
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- ⅓ cup seedless strawberry jam, such as Smucker’s
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, whisking to blend. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar at high speed with an electric mixer until creamy, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Add egg yolks, orange zest, and orange extract, beating to combine. Add flour mixture, beating to combine and scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Using a levered 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Dip a rounded ½-teaspoon measuring spoon into flour, and press firmly into each ball of dough, making an indentation for jam. Fill each indentation with ¼ teaspoon jam.
- Bake until edges of cookies are golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cookies cool completely on wire racks.
- Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
TeaTime Magazine http://www.teatimemagazine.com/