These sinfully sweet Coconut-Vanilla Meringue Kisses are easy to make any time of the year.
Coconut-Vanilla Meringue Kisses
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1½ teaspoons coconut extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat at high speed with a mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugars, extracts, and salt, beating until egg whites are thick and shiny and stiff peaks form, approximately
- Transfer egg-white mixture to a piping bag fitted with a very large open-star tip (Ateco #848). Pipe mixture onto prepared baking sheets, pulling tip up to form drops.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off, and leave in oven with door closed overnight to continue to dry meringues.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
Kitchen Tip: Since rain and humidity will cause meringues to be sticky, make meringues on a dry day.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!