The Roast Beef–Radish Tea Sandwiches with Sour Cream–Horseradish Aïoli are delightful any time of the year.
Roast Beef–Radish Tea Sandwiches
- 12 slices potato sandwich bread, frozen
- 12 slices ultra-thin deli-style roast beef
- ½ cup watercress leaves
- ¼ cup paper-thin radish slices
- 1 recipe Sour Cream–Horseradish Aïoli (recipe follows)
- Using a 2-inch square cutter, cut 24 shapes from frozen bread slices. Let bread thaw in a resealable plastic bag or covered with damp paper towels.
- Spread a layer of aïoli onto bread squares. Arrange several watercress leaves on aïoli side of 12 bread squares. Fold roast beef slices in half, and ruffle to fit bread squares. Top with remaining bread squares, aïoli side down.
- Garnish each sandwich with 5 overlapping radish slices and a sprig of watercress.
- Serve immediately.
Sour Cream–Horseradish Aïoli
Yield: ⅓ cup
- ¹⁄³ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ½ teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, salt, and pepper, stirring to blend. Cover, and refrigerate until needed.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!