These toothsome White Chocolate–Macadamia Drop Scones are perfect when topped with lightly sweetened whipped cream.
White Chocolate–Macadamia Drop Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, ⅓ cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract. Add to flour mixture, stirring until dough is just combined.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle dough evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake until lightly browned, 14 to 16 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recommended Condiment: Lightly sweetened whipped cream
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!