These Almond Butter and Concord Grape Sandwich Cookies are a delightful sweet for a vegan afternoon tea. Almond Butter and Concord Grape Sandwich Cookies pictured with Double Chocolate Cupcakes and Creamy Citrus Tartlets.
- 1 cup smooth almond butter
- ½ cup organic cane sugar, plus additional for sprinkling cookies, if desired
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup concord grape spread*
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together almond butter, sugars, and vanilla extract with a mixer at medium speed until combined, approximately 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to almond butter mixture, beating until a crumbly dough forms. Gradually add water, beating until just combined.
- Using a levered 1½-teaspoon scoop, shape dough into 18 (1-inch) balls. Place dough balls 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies until light golden brown, 8 to 9 minutes. Immediately sprinkle additional cane sugar over 9 cookies. Let cookies cool on pan for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Spread 1 teaspoon grape spread on flat side of cookies without sugar topping. Cover with sugared cookies, flat side down, pressing together gently. Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!