These toothsome Almond-Cream Cheese Scones are served with a delectable Honey Crème Fraîche.
Almond-Cream Cheese Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup ground toasted almonds
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup chopped toasted almonds
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, ground almonds, sugar, baking powder, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add cream cheese and chopped almonds, stirring to blend.
- In a liquid-measuring cup, combine ¾ cup cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract, stirring to blend. Add to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a ½-inch thickness. Using a 2½-inch triangle-shaped cutter, cut 19 scones from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops of scones with remaining 1 tablespoon cream.
- Bake until edges are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Honey Crème Fraîche
Serves: 1 cup
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add crème fraîche, confectioners’ sugar, and honey, whisking until smooth and creamy.
- Cover, and refrigerate until needed.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!