Green and black olives, cream cheese, roasted almonds, and wheat bread combine to create an impressive spread of Almond-Olive Sandwiches. Pictured with Ham and Cucumber Sandwiches with Mango-Thyme Butter and Green Apple–Chicken Salad Sandwiches.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup finely chopped roasted salted almonds
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pitted black olives
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 15 slices very thin wheat bread
- In a medium bowl, stir cream cheese vigorously to loosen. Add almonds, green and black olives, and pepper, stirring to combine. Spread an even layer of cream cheese mixture onto 2 bread slices. Stack bread slices, cream cheese side up, on top of each other. Cover with a plain bread slice to create a triple-stack sandwich. Repeat with remaining cream cheese mixture and bread slices to create 4 more triple-stack sandwiches.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a sawing motion, cut and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich diagonally into 4 equal triangles. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until serving time.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!