A delightful Cinnamon-Pear Jam fills the centers of these delicious, bite-sized Almond Thumbprint Cookies. Almond Thumbprint Cookies with Cinnamon-Pear Jam pictured with Chai Spice Ice Cream.
- ⅓ cup cinnamon-pear jam*
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup very finely chopped slivered almonds
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together jam and lemon juice, breaking up any pieces of fruit. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with a mixer at medium-high speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl. Reduce mixer speed to medium, and beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low, and beat in flour, almonds, salt, and nutmeg. Increase mixer speed to medium, and beat until mixture comes together, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Portion and shape dough into ¾-inch balls. Roll balls in sparkling sugar. Place balls 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Using a thumb or the back of a spoon, gently make a ½-inch-deep indentation in centers of balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven, and carefully press down centers again with a spoon. Fill centers of cookies with approximately ½ teaspoon jam mixture, being careful not to overfill. Bake until lightly browned on bottoms, approximately 7 minutes more. Let cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire cooling racks, and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature with wax paper between layers.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!